Appliances Pick List
The below rates are based on a home where electricity cost 28 cents per kilowatt. They were measured using the MS-6115 - Multi Function Energy Meter from Electus Distribution
Important: Be safe around power. Make sure you obtain adequate safety training before connecting up power meters to appliances.
Below are some example hourly rates to pick from:
- Laptop running at 90 watts for 1 hour = $0.025
- Smaller Laptop running at 64 watts for 1 hour = $0.018
- Small TV running at 19 watts for 1 hour = $0.005
- Large TV running at 220 watts for 1 hour = $0.062
- Vaccumn Cleaner running at 720 watts for 1 hour = $0.202
- Dryer running at 1800 watts for 1 hour = $0.504
- 1x Kettle Use at 2250 watts for 3.5 minutes per hour = $0.037*
- 1x Microwave Use at 1200 watts for 1 minute per hour = $0.006*
- 1x Washing Machine Use at 160 watts for 50 minutes per hour = $0.037*
- Ducted Heater Use running at 450 watts for 16 minutes per hour = $0.034*
*Log an 'ENTIRE HOUR' each time you use this appliance.